Transforming your workplace is not just a property exercise. While the data collection process provides a current view of the workplace, visioning sets the scene for the future workplace. The process identifies barriers and facilitators to the new way of working and defines the aspirational parameters of the workplace transformation.
Visioning engages and aligns top leadership, helping the delivery team specifically identify those workplace goals that support organisational goals. Using the output of the data collection as a launching pad, executives will ask themselves five questions:
- What critical thresholds you are experiencing in your workplace?
- How can examples of world class innovative workplaces apply to your business and organisational goals?
- What scenarios constitute baseline, evolutionary and revolutionary priorities?
- What does work mean to your organisation?
- How can your organisation integrate but not imitate lessons learned from world class workplaces and cultures?
The output of this workshop lays the foundation of the gap analysis and strategy brief.